Monday, April 25, 2011

I didn't forget!

I'm off to a good start, I remembered to return to write about some more stuff. As for the quality of that stuff...well...we're work'n on it...

So I said in the last post that it was going to have to be later days on what I'm learning about people and so today is still not that day because I've still not come to anything solid enough to write about BUT I have more stuff I'm learning about me which I think is going to help with all of that.

If its one thing I do know about people, it;s that we're all different. I am one of them, and so are you, so lets just praise the Lord! Right arm, Lef....sorry. ANYWAY! People are different, and based off of what Carl Jung's 16 personality types test, my type (INTJ) is very uncommon (I'm only like 1-3% of the world!). One of the flaws of this personality type, is a difficulty in responding to things emotionally and as of late I have really noticed it. Descriptions of my personality type says that we often come off as aloof and after I looked up what that word meant, I didn't like it! I don't want to be unfriendly and distant. I had no idea I came off that way, and I really want to find a way to change that. but how do you change the way your brain is hard-wired?

Now, I'm not saying I want to cry more, or take up Interpretive Dancing or something but I want to be able to find a way to show my heart to people and to let them know that I care for their souls, because Christ cares for their souls. So as a start on this journey to "fix" my personality, I am praying for Grace. Grace in the eyes of God, to show me how I can change the way I come off to people, and favorable Grace in the eyes of others that people will at least see that I am trying. What my biggest problem is, is that I honestly don't know how to do this. I'm pretty sure I'm not scared or just don't want to, I just have no idea what I am doing wrong so ff anyone has suggestions on what I can do, I will gladly take them!

Above all else, I ask that you pray for me. Pray that God will break down in me what needs to be broken and build up what needs to be built without any resistance from me.

Peace and Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment