Saturday, April 30, 2011

picking up where I left off...

So yesterday I told you, in my best attempt to describe, how I was feeling the other day and how the Lord brought me through that crazy struggle. He taught me many things through it, and someday I will share with you more about some of them.

But today, is going to be a short one just about a little warfare...

Since I'm hoping to go to Africa in about 2 weeks, I'm supposed to get Yellow Fever, Typphoid, some other shots and start Malaria medication. I had a whole plan worked out for wednesday that after all my classes, I was to go get all of my minor shots taken care of at the health clinic, leave for decatur to see my parents, get a consultation and the big shots from a doctor there and be done with it....And then the tornado came... I knew pretty early on wednesday that my plans for getting this junk taken care off wasn't going to happen and I got a little ticked because I thought, "why in the world, would after all the preparation and willingness to go to Africa, in a culture and language I know very very little of who has maybe 3 Followers of Christ, would this just suddenly all not work out!? If I can't get those shots, the won't let me into the country. BUT shortly after, amidst the storm (coincidence? i think not!) I saw first hand at how mighty God is in this physical universe and just how much His hand is over us all, but from my own lens, how much His hand is over me.

I was spared from any sort of damage, other than a mild affliction of no internet for a day, when the worst series of tornados since the Great depression was running rampant across 7 states. SURELY, God will make a way for me to get a few tiny shots, for diseases which we controls anyway, so that I may serve the people of Senegal. And honestly, if He doesn't want me there then He'll find a way to keep me from going too. There is absolutely NOTHING I can do to get there without his preparation.

Hallelujah Amen. Where's the chicken!?

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!!
    P.s. I had the same problem.. Supposed to go to Cullman but I got T, YF, and M this morning! and then came to the infirmary for HebA,B and they said NO WAY.. too much in one day haha heads up buuut the Muscle Shoals place was going to give them all to me... and YF is the only one that needs 10 days before!
    I may have already told you all of that...
    Your blogs encourage me, and you're awesome! :))
    annnnnd we're going to be awesome in Senegal!
    that is of course, if it's in God's plan :))

    ReplyDelete